Thursday, July 7, 2011

California here I come, right back where I started from.

The day I arrived in California, my brother took me out to Japanese Ramen.


It was SO delicious! The best ramen I have ever had! One million times better than the ramen in a bag you buy at the store. So far, I've eaten all my favorite noodles that I don't have in Utah. Hands down, California has the BEST food, Asian food to be specific.

On the weekend, I helped my brother move into his new house and I got to spend some time with my nieces and nephew. My brother took us to Santa Cruz and we had a bonfire there. It was super windy and cold, I don't know how the kiddos could play in the water, but I guess they don't really care.





While I was watching my nieces and nephew play in the water, there were probably more than a million birds swarming the ocean. If you do not already know, birds are probably my biggest fears. I don't know why and I can't explain it, but it is just an unrealistic phobia that I have. The birds kept flying everywhere and diving into the ocean. Soon, the mile stretch of birds started moving closer and closer towards me and I booked it back to where we put all our stuff.


For the 4th of July, I went to my cousin's house for a BBQ. There were polish sausages, hot dogs, burgers, chicken, pineapple, and ice cream. I ate so much my stomach hurt and I couldn't move. Then everyone headed back to my cousin Clinton's house for some fireworks. It was so much fun and we kinda got a little out of hand with those sparklers. The kids were crazy!!! Lots of my cousin's neighbors were shooting off these massive and loud fireworks that were definitely illegal. It was so awesome and we enjoyed the free show. They made our fireworks look pathetic though. :) A fire truck drove throughthe neighborhood and the fire fighters handed out hats to everyone. It was fun and the kids loved it.





I'll be in California for the rest of the summer and helping my parents move into their new house. I do miss everyone back in Utah though.

1 comment:

  1. ahh I love you and miss you!! You are so tan right now it's unreal! Love your blog little asian cousin!

    ReplyDelete