Saturday, October 20, 2012

called to serve

Let's just say it has been the LONGEST two weeks of my life since my papers were submitted to the Church headquarters. It was submitted the Friday before General Conference (i didn't know i could put my availability date earlier, but that probably wouldn't have made a difference anyways). This Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday went by so slow! I think I was just super excited and antsy all week leading up to the opening of my call. I seriously could not concentrate on any homework or studying. I would just sit in my chair or lay in my bed and think about where I would be going (basically, I didn't get any sleep). After my classes on Wednesday, I hurried home and checked the mail and sure enough it was in there! I was so giddy and I just wanted to tear it open. However, I used all my self control to not open it until 7 p.m.


We had dinner at Megan's house and then everyone started coming over. I feel so blessed to have such awesome friends and family! Thanks for coming and supporting me! I skyped my siblings, but not my parents because they were on vacation to China and Taiwan. Lucky ducks. My dad just told me to email him. Here is a clip of what went down.



Well everyone, I've been called to the Taiwan Taipei Mission speaking Mandarin. I report to the MTC on February 20, 2013!!! I couldn't be any happier! My whole family guessed I would be going there, so it wasn't a huge surprise. It was my first choice if I had to choose. I'm so lucky I get to go there and learn Chinese and spread the gospel of Jesus Christ. My aunt lives in Taipei and she asked my dad if she could take me out to dinner every month. haha. I love her so much. I talked to my oldest niece Kaitlin (who I'm super close with, we are only 10 years apart) and she kept saying how much she was going to miss me and that we should get matching CTR rings before I leave. That almost made me cry, but really. I think leaving her will be the hardest for me, but we will write so it's all okay. 

ALSO, one of my best friends, Elder Braithwaite, is currently serving in Taipei right now. He doesn't get home until the end of June in 2013, so I will see him there. Crazy! It will be weird seeing him for the first time in almost 2 years and not be able to give him a hug. We will both be missionaries. Weird. 

Okay. . . so now for a little advertising. Since I will be leaving in February, I need to sell my contract for Winter semester. So if anyone who reads this blog knows anyone who is interested in buying my contract, please let me know!!! Here is a link for more information about it: http://provo.craigslist.org/roo/3350671636.html

No comments:

Post a Comment